James Jean



I have long been a fan of James Jean. His drawings are so detailed and full of interesting characters and patterns. No shame in saying that I could look at his works for hours. Here are a couple of his newer works. I love how Jean has steered away from simple black on white illustrations and went for a bright blue background with the drawings in the center.

The characters look so delicate and soft while surrounding them in fantastical things that are very nature-like. The details in his patterns draw the eyes in and makes it very easy to get lost into the drawings - almost psychedelic. They remind me of old book illustrations about greek mythology or fairies. Jean has done many commissions including the likes of Prada, Atlantic Records and DC Comics.

He's also released an iBook called 'Parallel Lives' and from what I've seen, it's absolutely gorgeous.












No comments:

Post a Comment